The benefits of carefully blended face masks are well known — they help to remove accumulated impurities from pores while imparting valuable minerals and other nutrients. petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods offers a mask for dry skin made with plant-based ingredients (no mineral clays) that supports gentle cleansing while providing protection against irritation and dryness. For best results, apply with a brush as described in the directions below.
The benefits of each ingredient are as follows:
- Marshmallow root features mucilage, polysaccharides, and low concentrations of ceramide precursors to soothe, moisturize, and heal skin
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rose petals replenish skin, helping it feel soft by reducing redness and/or swelling while its mild antibacterial action helps to cleanse and tone pores. Rose is also high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps prevent cellular damage.
- Aloe is comprised of antioxidants vitamins A and C, beneficial enzymes, and aloin making it antimicrobial and an effective anti-inflammatory that also promotes the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin to help skin maintain elasticity and firmness. It’s humectant properties help skin retain moisture
- Nutrient rich alfalfa offers proteins, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, all of which combine to combat the effects of pollutants and irritants on skin by promoting soothing, healing, and cellular regeneration. It’s high levels of chlorophyll provide antibacterial cleansing
- Ashwagandha root powder features both antibacterial and antimicrobial properties to help protect skin from infections, while it’s antioxidant properties defend against free radicals, and it’s anti-inflammatory capacity soothes. Most interestingly, ashwagandha stimulates dehydroepiandrosterone, which stimulates the production of elastin, collagen, and hyaluronan for skin cells that are supple, strong, and well hydrated
Masks are best used after the face has been well cleaned; follow a mask with with toner to remove any residue that may be left behind after rinsing.
Each glass jar contains 24 g / 0.84 oz. This product contains ingredients considered safe for use during most pregnancies and nursing. Still, it is best to check with your health care providers first in case of any unique circumstances which may demonstrate otherwise.
All petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods products are…
- made with 100% certified organic plant and mineral-based ingredients
- vegan and certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program
- free from artificial preservatives, colours, and/or fragrances
- free from gluten, GMOs, nuts, palm, petrochemicals, and soy
- offered in glass bottles/jars and packed in boxes printed on post-consumer paper with plant-based inks using a waterless process
This product is handcrafted without the use of artificial preservatives and lasts longer when exposure to the elements (i.e. air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses for maximum longevity.
NOTE: Not sure if this product is right for you? Try samples first by selecting the petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods skin care sample set for dry skin.
althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root powder*, rosa damascena (rose) petals*, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf*, medicago sativa (alfalfa) powder*, withania somnifera (ashwagandha) powder*
poudre de racine d’althaea officinalis (guimauve)*, pétales de rosa damascena (rose)*, poudre de feuille d’aloe barbadensis (aloès)*, poudre de medicago sativa (luzerne)*, poudre de withania somnifera (ashwagandha)*
After washing your face thoroughly, mix ½ tbsp of face mask with water to form a light paste; apply mask to skin using a brush for best results; avoid contact with eyes and lips; leave on for 6-8 minutes then rinse with warm water. Store in a cool, dark place. Use within 12 months of opening.
Après le nettoyage en profondeur du visage, mélanger ½ c. à soupe de masque pour le visage avec de l’eau pour former une pâte légère. Appliquer le masque sur la peau avec un pinceau pour de meilleurs résultats. Éviter le contact avec les yeux et les lèvres. Laisser agir pendant 6-8 minutes puis rincer à l’eau chaude. Ranger dans un endroit frais et sombre. Utiliser dans les 12 mois suivant l’ouverture.