Facial steams provide a range of benefits to skin. First, steam helps to open pores so they can release accumulated oil, dirt, and sebum that face wash alone can not. Next, they can impart valuable nutrients by releasing them from dry plant material allowing for ready absorption into skin. petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods’ facial steam for normal/sensitive skin using 100% certified organic ingredients provides gentle support in ways that are cleansing, anti-inflammatory, and restorative.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rose petals replenish skin, helping it feel soft by reducing redness and/or swelling while its mild antibacterial action helps to cleanse and tone pores. Rose is also high in Vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps prevent cellular damage.
- Passion flower’s antioxidant content helps protect skin against environmental stressors while it’s high levels of vitamins A and C nourish skin keeping it firm and capable of regeneration. Passion flower’s valuable omega-6 essential fatty acids manage sebum production to prevent dryness without clogging pores. And, since passion flower also helps to calm the mind, it can help to reduce stress, which also facilitates clear skin.
- Calendula petals have been centuries to treat minor wounds, stings, rashes, and skin irritations such as chafing and dryness. Calendula is high in carotenoids, which are antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and immune stimulating.
This facial steam can be added to the herbal basket of a dedicated facial steaming appliance, or it can be prepared in a bowl of hot water. Please see directions below. One advantage of using the bowl method is that the herbs can be strained leaving behind a delicious drinking tea that is soothing to the body and mind.
Each glass jar contains 12 g / 0.42 oz. This product contains ingredients considered safe for use during most pregnancies and nursing. Still, it is best to check with your health care providers first in case of any unique circumstances which may demonstrate otherwise.
All petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods products are…
- made with 100% certified organic plant and mineral-based ingredients
- vegan and certified cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny Program
- free from artificial preservatives, colours, and/or fragrances
- free from gluten, GMOs, nuts, palm, petrochemicals, and soy
- offered in glass bottles/jars and packed in boxes printed on post-consumer paper with plant-based inks using a waterless process
This product is handcrafted without the use of artificial preservatives and lasts longer when exposure to the elements (i.e. air, humidity, sunlight) is kept to a minimum. Please store in a cool, dark place and keep tightly sealed between uses for maximum longevity.
NOTE: Not sure if this product is right for you? Try samples first by selecting the petal, leaf, root. by Just the Goods skin care sample set for normal/sensitive skin.
rosa damascena (rose) petals*, passiflora incarnata (passion flower)*, calendula officinalis (calendula) petals*
pétales de rosa damascena (rose)*, passiflora incarnata (passion flower/fleur de la passion)*, pétales de calendula officinalis (souci)*
Steep 1 tbsp of tea in a covered bowl containing 2 cups of boiling water for 5 min while washing and drying face. Uncover bowl and hold face above steam for 5 – 10 min. Use a towel to create a tent if desired. Store in a cool, dark place.
Faites tremper 1 cuillère à soupe de thé dans un bol couvert contenant 2 tasses d’eau bouillante pendant 5 min tout en lavant et en séchant votre visage. Découvrir le bol et tenir votre visage au-dessus de la vapeur pendant 5 à 10 min. Utiliser une serviette pour créer une tente si désiré. Garder à l’abri de la lumière et de la chaleur